We are working with a number of local schools and community buildings in the borough to assess their roofs for suitability to join the scheme. If you have ownership or responsibility for a potential roof then please do get in touch.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of installing solar PV and working with Kingston Community Energy include:
- Reducing CO2 emissions from the school and supplying a proportion of electricity from renewables.
- Cost saving each year on electricity bills
- For schools and education buildings: Educational opportunity and resource for students, staff, governors and parents about renewable energy and climate change.
- The chance to turn the roof (currently a liability) into an asset.
- Being part of a community project providing solutions to tackle climate change.
If you are interested in the details of the process that we have been through to get this far, find out more here.